$50 deposit for reservations made over the phone. Call 787-415-3030 Discounts may apply.
Lowest Prices Starting at $325 up to 2 People!
FISHING IN PUERTO RICO
San Juan, PR is home to some of the best tarpon fishing in the world. Light tackle and fly fishing enthusiasts journey to San Juan, PR from all over the world to fish the brackish waters of Laguna San Jose & Laguna Torrecilla for tarpon, jacks, and snook. Gorgeous and seemingly endless red mangroves span the horizon right on the middle of the hotel district, the marina (Cangrejos Yacht Club) is just a mere 3 to 5 mile run from isla verde, condado and old san juan. Making Backwater Tarpon Fishing Puerto Rico, one of the premier fishing charters in San Juan, Puerto Rico come and enjoy a perfect day of light tackle angling.
Capt. Felix Cuadrado has been fishing in Puerto Rico in the Laguna San Jose & Laguna Torrecilla, for 20 years. A native of San Juan, PR, there are few fishing charter guides in Puerto Rico who are as intimately connected with the tides and ecosystem of the lagoons as Felix. On a typical day fishing the backwaters of Puerto Rico’s lagoons, it’s common to have around 5-8 strikes of tarpon, jacks or snook.
Backwater fishing for tarpon in San Juan, PR is almost a surreal experience. Backwater fishing in Puerto Rico affords anglers the opportunity to explore endless mangroves of Puerto Rico while targeting several of the most coveted light tackle species. You would be hard pressed to find another backwater fishing destination that affords unparalleled light tackle fishing within 3-6 miles of a major tourist hub.
If you’re looking for a tarpon fishing charter in Puerto Rico who will put you on the fish, be sure to give Backwater Tarpon Fishing PR a call to learn more about availability and what’s biting!
- Transportation included upon request!
- Equipment – Top of the line Shimano & Penn tackle. We also carry the new Orvis Helios 2
- Flats Boat with two big live wells, powered by a brand new 2015 Mercury 115HP 4Stroke.
- Safety – 100% safety record.
- Affordability – Save when you book online! Save 10% on your second or third day of fishing with Backwater Tarpon Fishing Charter in PR!
- Location – we are docked in Cangrejos Yacht Club in Carolina, PR. 5 Minutes away from the airport.
- We offer more than a fishing experience: sight-seeing, tackle instructions, eco-tours and more!
- Dynamic and passionate work ethic – our captains have over 20 years of fishing experience and love what they do!
- We can accommodate large groups in multiple boats. Call us for more info on group charters! *Our Boat is rated for 5 People but we rather do smaller groups of 3 for a comfortable experience.
Save 10% on a second trip with us!**, Online savings, No Hassle, No Wait, Instant Confirmation!
Fishing in Puerto Rico News Feed
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.
Tarpon Fishing is a great thing to do in Puerto Rico. Aboard our 18′ Custom Built Flats boat and enjoy our fishing trip to one of Puerto Rico’s most beautiful mangrove ecosystem. Feel safe and enjoy our Tarpon Fishing Charters with our captains that have over 15 years of experience fishing in Puerto Rico. Learn more of this great things to do in Puerto Rico.
Why book with us? Our captains have more than 15 years of experience! Come join us, we love to share our knowledge! Open 7 days a week! Call us 787-415-3030. Let us share our passion for fishing with you on our beautiful Puerto Rico. Don’t forget to review us at TripAdvisor. ONLINE SAVINGS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL FISHING CHARTER TIMES! Save 10% on your second trip with us! You are on vacations, why fish only one day? Take advantage of our multiple day discounts!